Blah Blah Blah!

Paul McCartney is coming to Canada to perform in a couple of concerts. Great news, what? He's one bloke I'd gladly walk many miles in tight shoes to see. But when the nearest venue is over 3200km away from Toronto, even the most die-hard fans of the former Beatle would pack it in, go home and watch videos on youtube. Sure, I could fly to Edmonton or Vancouver-- I'm not ruling that out yet -- but the idea of splurging on a ticket that would put me at the back of a stadium and several thousand heads between me and Paul doesn't seem too appealing. I'd rather put my money on The Chokers winning the T20 world cup, thank you.

I haven't been following the world cup closely, but did India thrash England and advanced only to play Australia, SA and Pakistan? Quite shrewd of England, I say. Got into an argument with a Pakistani at work today and I have fiercely defended India to defeat them this Sunday. I believe India has never lost to Pakistan in a world cup game. Let the history repeat. Last time I had an argument, Germany and my ego took quite a beating. Will I ever learn to keep my mouth shut? :P

Reading "In A Sunburned Country" by Bill Byrson. Just about fifty pages into the book, some of  the prejudices I had against the Aussies disappeared and in their place came respect and admiration for a country that has prospered so well from unpropitious beginnings (don't be surprised if I rooted for Aussies next Ashes :P). Save for the inclination of most men to wearing knee high socks with shorts, nothing seems disagreeable about the aussies. They seem be extroverted, friendly people who love to drink cold deer. I so wanna live in Australia for a year or two. Bill Bryson never fails to amaze. The extravagant amount of research that goes into his writing is quite evident. And he so effortlessly(so it appears) presents them in a way that's amusing, educational and leaves you wondering who could you touch for a loan to book tickets to Australia. I will try to write more about this book when I am finished with it.

I am not trying to be cool or different, but seriously, I don't see why everyone is going ga-ga over Barfee? Definitely not a bad movie, but nowhere close to being called a masterpiece. Call me conceited or judgmental, I lose my interest to watch movies the moment heroines drool over butterflies or fireflies. Why don't we have more characters like Manimegalai from Engeyum Eppothum? On the plus side, Illeana looks stunning. :-D I can't believe she is the same girl who acted in a stupid Tamil movie called K.D.

So long!

Update: I just got the news that Ilayaraja will be doing a concert in Toronto next month. I know they will charge heaven and earth for a front row seat, but I think I can buy myself a seat somewhere towards the last rows if I sold one of my kidneys, no? :P 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts