My hopes for a white Christmas were dashed but a white New Year doesn't appear to be a pipe-dream now. It snowed heavily for a couple of hours in the evening today. It did snow a couple of times last week but there was nothing dramatic about it. The flakes melted as soon as it hit the ground. A walk in the snowfall had the similar result as being rained on. Not today. I look out the window and see the empty car parking(thanks to holiday season) opposite to my house has accumulated so much snow that it appears like a white carpet. Towering buildings in the neighborhood are obscured by mist. The lawns on either end of the street have turned white. Bare trees are sprinkled with snow. The cars on the streets are wrapped up in snow. I wrote 'My first snow' in a window of one of those cars and before I could click a picture of it, it was gone. Not that I'm complaining. I couldn't be happier.

Comments

Popular Posts