The return of the self-proclaimed humour blogger

The last time I wrote a post, Yuvraj Singh was looking fit as a fiddle, Swami Nithyananda was making waves for his scintillating performance in 'Short cut to Nirvana' documentary and Tiger Woods was the butt of all jokes like 'A lion would not cheat but Tiger wood'. :P In other words, I had been out of action for so many months(or light years?), much to the relief of many bloggers. :P

Not that I was a prolific blogger before I absconded from this space, but I did manage to write a few posts occasionally, mostly on path-breaking, intellectual topics like 'Save TR: There are 1411 tigers, there is only one T.Rajendran', and shamelessly added tags like 'humour', 'fun', 'I beg you to ROFL' etc. That I tagged them 'humour' seems to be the only humourous thing about those posts. :P

Speaking of humour bloggers (groan how much ever you want but that includes me because I'm gonna tag this one 'humour' too :P), they live in a perennial anxiety of what if the post turns out to be a damp squib. Okay, at least I do. It is not too pleasing to know that one's humour -- that kind of humour you will remember when you take a solitary walk and guffaw uncontrollably, causing the passer-by to phone and tip off a mental asylum of a potential inmate -- was lost on the reader. The least a humor blogger(hic hic!) would want is a conversation like this:

Unfortunate blog reader: Hulloz! I read all your blog posts. You write good.

Me: Gee thanks! Did your like them?

UBR: Yep! But why do your write so serious posts? Try writing a few light-hearted ones.

Me: Grrr! thanks! :evil:

Ok, I've digressed way too far. The point I'm trying to drive home is that you cannot live peacefully here after because my sabbatical has just ended and I'm planning to write more posts in the near future to drive you all into depression. :) There are plenty to stories to tell - Exhilarating trekking at Wayanad, my experiments with cooking, friend-turned-foe rodent and many more - and I wish the lazy bones don't get the better of me. :)

Before I let you off the hook and you all start dancing that my post has come to an end, here's a PJ for you..

Why do readers of this blog have a bandage around their face?

Ans: Because my jokes fell flat on the face :mrgreen:

Comments

  1. Hello,

    I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at beingbalaji.blogspot.com.

    Can I use some of the information from your blog post right above if I give a link back to your site?

    Thanks,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts