Paradise regained!!

I am really happy today. No, it's not because I successfully wrote ten lines of code without any exception. Not because I found the name of the punjabi girl with whom I have fallen head-over-heels in love. (last week it was a mallu & a gujju is in the pipeline. :P) I am happy because I got in touch with someone whom I had last met when I was 9 years old. (Yeah, seven years back!! :D) I can't describe in words how much surprised I am at finding a long-lost friend. I would have been less surprised if I had spotted Prathiba Patel shaking a leg in a pub or Mathew Hayden placing a peck on the cheek of Harbhajan.

Before you yell, "what the heck!!", let me tell who that guy is - He is Shankar Narayanan. My classmate for three years, from third to fifth standard. We studied in a school, which still remains so close to my heart, called DTEA in New Delhi.

After the fifth-grade annaul examination, I came to Chennai for summer vacation. As irony would have it, I never returned to Delhi after that. Which meant losing contacts with all of my childhood pals. The last time I spent time with my classmates of DTEA was after my last exam - when we all rushed to the canteen to mark the end of the academic year with an expensive treat, which involved buying one goli-soda and a dozen students falling over each other to grab their share. Its still green in my mind. I can visualize it as I type.

I chanced upon his orkut profile a few days back. I couln't figure him from his photo, so left him a scrap. In came a message in my gtalk from him after a couple of days -"@#$@#$@". (I have censored the bad word as this blog serves family audiences too. :P) I was aghast. Being the one who doesn't squander away the oppurtunity to swear(a skill that I have mastered after two years in boys school(RKM) :P), I gave a befitting reply. After a few rounds of hauling explectives at each other, he at last gave up. Ah! My RKM school mates would be proud of me.

Then after exchanging a few pleasentaries, I asked him- the truimphant feeling yet to sink in- why did he scold me. "For breaking my head," he replied. "And not even bothering to apologize," he continued. Yeah, I hauled a brick at this guy's head during PT period when in fourth standard. Poor fellow, he was bleeding profusely. It was not intentional. We were playing some game with bricks, and after the play was over, we were suppose to put the bricks back to where we took it from. Me being the lazy chap, instead of walking all the way to that place, hauled the brick as high as nine-year-old boy can. And it landed right the middle of his head. :P The next momemt, I remember, someone was screaming, "misssss, balaji shankar ra adichutan..." :D :D Needless to say, I got whipped on the a$@ that evening! :D

Being the incorrigible guy that I am, I refused to apologize even now. I don't see anything that I had done wrong. :P Do you?

P.S: There is one more reason for being so ecstatic. Now that I've found Shankar, I can know the wherebouts of Narmadha, my first ever crush, through him. :) :)
Plz do wish me luck!! :)

Comments

  1. All the Best... do tell us when u actually meet/talk to Narmadha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @writer-in-the-mkaing

    Thanks for your wishes. :) will defn let you know if any such things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!!! Nice post!! :)
    i know how nice it feels when u actually meet someone from the distant past.
    and Narmadha?? Hmmmmm!! :P

    P.S: lets make a deal. you dont ask about my "CAT"astrophe and i dont ask abt urs. deal?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @revathi
    That sounds like a great deal!! :P Deal is sealed :D
    Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before regaining Paradise one has to have a duel of all those #$@! words!!! Gotta learn them soon ;)

    And man I didn know tat u r so dangerous (Capable of striking one down with a brick). Where were u during the brick fight (Engg. Vs MCA/MBA) @ college (2nd Sem)? I m sure u'd have become a Hero if u took part in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hussain

    ROFL!! Dude... brick fight during the 2nd sem!! :O
    By that time I had became a staunch supporter of non-violence :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts