I-can't-give-a-creative-blog-title ;)

I am always amazed by the unfailing regularity with which some of my friends update their blog. Do they never run out of ideas? Are their life so eventful? Or is my life so monotonous? Don't I have anything to say to my dear readers(Damn, I'm not ever sure whether I can use plural form. ;)) OK, before you go, "Would you cut that crap!!!!" let me put an end to all these comes-and-vanishes-in-exactly-42-nanoseconds questions that prop up in my find from time to time.

Writer's block is a standard excuse that I would love to use for my absence from this labyrinth, only if I had some evidence to prove that I'm a writer. :D Anyway, now that I'm back, I'll see to that you are thoroughly tortured reading this post. :)


I went to Ooty a couple of weeks back, with around 70 of those who work in the same project as I. (Whoever says, "what!! you work? ha hah!! LOL!!" is a monkey)Oh boy, it sure was one of the most enjoyable moments I have experienced in recent times. After college, life has rather become dull and monotonous. No masti. No maja. The trip was a welcome break, which did its purpose of breaking the monotony of our cursed professional life.

We all left for Ooty on a Friday night by the Cheran express. The train was suppose to start at 10.30PM. And yours truly was at the door step of a third class AC compartment at 10.28 PM, intently scanning the reservation chart to find the no. of co-travelers who were between 20 and 23 in age and belonged to the fairer sex. Let me make a confession - In my twenty two years of existence, I would have traveled by train a thousand times, but not even once did I have the luck of having even a remotely good-looking girl in the whole train, let alone in the compartment/seat.On this occasion too, the tradition continued. :(

The party time began much earlier than we expected. We all started hooting, screaming, shrieking, singing etc etc the moment train started. Oh boy!! I must say we all were utterly unconcerned about the hapless passengers who had the misfortune of traveling in the same compartment. Come to think of it!! How would you feel if seven people like captain(vijayakanth), three like TR and half a dozen more whom even the most intellectuals would find difficult to spot even a single difference from monkey, sing, dance and shout right under your nose, eyes, ears and. ..(*i'll leave to your imagination). The example that I cited is only 10% of what those pour souls must have gone through.

Before long, the TTR came to the rescue of those citizens and requested(read threatened) us to take our seats. What was more amusing was, of all the 70-odd people, it was our beloved APM who had to bear the brunt of the TTR speaking worldly philosophies(like "ain't you all educated.?? shouldn't you behave properly?? and so on and so forth). Woah!! A thing which we couldn't do for the past one and half years!! And there he was!! Who looked like a hero to us at that moment!!

Its a personal shame that I lack the eloquence to describe the beauty of the Queen of hills. The weather was amazing(having spent 20+ years in Chennai, any place that doesn't allow mercury to rise above 20 degrees seems to be a heaven. :)) The lush green environment was absolutely refreshing. Ooty remains to be the one of the most beautiful cities I have visited so far. Of course, after Chennai. (Chennai runs in my blood.P)

Its time for me to cut this crap abruptly. Will write a sequel to this post soon. :)
If you have any comments, do share it. :) Even if you didn't like the post, you can write it in comments. ;)

I hope i've tortured you more than what a movie(and acted) by S.J Surya, a lengthy punch dialogue by our own bayam ravi... (get the drift?) can inflict on you!! :)

Regards,
This-is-my-poonai-peyar. :D

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts